Monday, July 28, 2014

thrift








Good thrift finds: two skeins of white wool, a copy of Beyond Craft; The Art Fabric, and silk roving (for spinning, though not by me!). But best of all: a pair of Gingher embroidery scissors, and these wonderful thin tapestry needles, my favourite for hemming tea towels.

2 comments:

  1. Hi again Amanda
    I'm just going through your archives and saw your post from October 2013: the Australian 80's tea towels and Marguerite Davison's pattern book. I'm from Australia and I loved seeing those kangaroo tea towels - so kitsch! And I too found a very good copy of Marguerite Davison in a local op shop (thrift store) for $2. It's my favourite weaving book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, that was a great day of thrift! I love those tea towels - I kept one for myself and gave the other to my Australian friend. I wish I could find more weaving books at the thrift store, but I don't have good luck in that way... That Davison book is wonderful though!

      Delete