For the past four (five?) years in June we head up north to Grey County for a mennonite auction. Farm equipment, tack, horses, furniture and quilts are all sold on consignment, with the proceeds benefiting their school & church fund.
Now that I've finally finished a quilt of my own I especially enjoy the quilt auction. They're all pretty traditional patterns, and range from complex to simple, hand sewn to machine sewn, but it's always exciting to see the bids go up. My favourite that day was the one with the reds and oranges on the far right, but now that I'm looking again, that log cabin with the pink and brown seems pretty nice too.
This second photograph is from last year's sale. Both mennonites and englishmen (as they call non-mennonites) come - I think equal gawking is done from both sides too. I know they don't like being photographed but I'm glad I got this shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment